Essentials of Project Modeling and Estimating, Class E-101
After taking in feedback from our participants, we have enhanced our Estimating 101 two day course with additional hands-on exercises and content to ensure we meet the requirements of today’s estimators.
- Course includes a mixture of classroom-based presentations with at least 70% hands-on time and practice exercises.
- All exercises and concepts are included in a new User Manual that you will keep for reference once the class is over.
Course Length: 2 day
Professional Development and Continuing Education Units
PMI Program Number – E101
After successful completion of the E101 course you will receive HD certification and may be eligible for 16 – 20 hours of PDU’s towards maintaining your Project Management Institute (PMI) certification.
- System Navigating and data customization
- Data setup, including library data, resources, assemblies
- Cost estimating basics
- Basics of markup and bid pricing
- Intro to quote management, BidWizard, and reproduction
Areas of Instruction
- Core Estimating Concepts
- The Bid Proposal Process
- Price Structure
- Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS)
- Cost Details
- Data Customization
- Quote Management – Evaluate Sub-Vendors / Ability to Make Last Minute Changes
- BidWizard and Reproduction
- Basics of Mark-Up and Pricing
- Implementation of Software, Including Library Data, Resources and Assemblies
- Increasing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Reducing Project Costs
- How to Increase the Bid Process
- How to Increase Revenue
- Job Bidding Decisions